Monday, October 30, 2006

Veronica Mars

For the past several days I've had the Veronica Mars theme song (We Used To Be Friends - The Dandy Warhols) stuck firmly in my brain. Of course, this is because I've been watching it non-stop for days. But, really, after a while, this can be a rather annoying song.


Highly pleased with the show, but it was marketed all wrong.

Yes, girl detective… but, oh so much more. Plus, it's one of those shows you watch, staring at characters thinking, "Where have I seen them before?" Answer? Daytime soaps, Home Improvement, CSI, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

At this time I'd like to send out my undying love to Deputy Leo D'Amato. (Max Greenfield) Undying love. Forever. Lemme at 'im… I'll have him saying "Veronica Who?" in no time.

This is one of those shows I'm happy I didn't start watching when it came out. Because then I would have had to wait through agonizing cliff hanging episodes and forget what the heck was going on. This way, I don't have the torture of waiting a week for the next episode… let alone a summer for the next season, and it's nearly impossible for me to forget what was going on. And, I actually recognize characters when they reappear 7 episodes later.

Sadly, in 10 episodes, I'll be all caught up and will expose myself to that kind of torture again. But, if you haven't seen it, it's recommended. But only if you start at the beginning and work your way to season three.

It's more rewarding that way.


End Blog.

No comments: