Tuesday, October 10, 2006

CW Tuesday Commercial

So American Eagle is running these aerie ads in conjunction with Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars (the reasons to be alive on Tuesdays, and the only thing I watch on the network).

Here's the thing I don't get. The song over the commercial sounds remarkably like Lilly Allen. (I'll eat an AE hat if I'm not right about that.) Who is very much British. And sounds like it.

Isn't it odd for a store with "American" in the title to have a British singer in their commercials? Is that just me?

Okay, here's the real reason I complain:
I love Lily Allen and for that reason I don't want her doing any commercials for anything whatsoever. I want her to be big without that kind of exposure. I don't want people to associate her with commercials or think she has less talent than she does because of that.

I really think it's her. I tried to look it up, but couldn't confirm my suspicions.

Maybe Veronica will look into it for me.

End Blog.

2 comments:

B Fuhr said...

VM is awesome like that. I need to let you borrow S1.

Nikki said...

You also need to spend a good weekend with me where all we do is watch the same TV show for millions of hours. I miss that about you.