Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

The Police really know how to celebrate. They had a barbeque today at the credit union over the lunch hours. Hot dogs and hamburgers on Good Friday. I applaud them for this.

If I follow that silly no eating meat rule, it’s purely by accident. Some little things have held over from the Methodist upbringing… you know, like still loving Christmas (although it’s mostly more for Santa and Comet than Jesus).

But this is one thing I’m happy to not participate in any more.

Because today I got good food for next to nothing! And, I gotta tell you… I don’t know what’s happened to me recently but… I love hot dogs. I think that the quality of hot dogs in the Midwest must be like, twelve levels above what they try to pass off as hot dogs on the east coast.

Dear East Coasters,
I’m sorry your hot dogs suck. If you ever find yourself in KC, buy a hot dog even if you don’t generally like them. And if you do like the crappy hot dogs you’re used to, I have no doubt that Midwestern hot dogs will be orgasmic. Just some friendly advice.
Hugs and Kisses,
Nikki


And, hey, if it’s still Good Friday as you read this… go have a hot dog and think about Jesus.

Blasphemy! I know. I'm full of ways to disappoint Jesus.

End Blog.

No comments: