Monday, April 03, 2006

Blast from the Past

Today during my reading I came across a biology term that sent me right back to freshman bio, finals week, when I was helping J cram for our last exam. We were sitting on my dorm room floor, going through our notes on reproduction. And as I was explaining it, I was talking with my hands – which for some reason seemed to help – and I made up hand signals for all the vocab words that were hard to remember.

Turns out, I still remember what the one for zona pellucida* is, and it made me smile. Not because I was especially fond of the material, but because I know that I helped J pass that test remarkably well.

What a lovely little memory of our first year as friends.

I miss you, kid.

Oh, and I also hate you because you are on a cruise right now. You better make sure you eat some for me, too.

End Blog.

*Zona pellucida – a thick transparent envelope that surrounds a developing ovum, allowing only one sperm cell through to fertilize the egg

No comments: