Friday, August 18, 2006

The Rest Is Silence

So, I know Death Cab For Cutie has been around for a while - as I've had their music downloaded on my computer for some time - but I finally thought I'd peruse the collection of "new downloads" I have on my computer from well over the past six months and finally listen to them. (I'm nowhere close to getting through all of it yet.)

Surprisingly, the two songs I can't seem to get enough of right now both received a decent amount of radio play, I just didn't realize they were by the same band. And my favorite parts of the songs just so happen to be the chorus. Which never happens - So, these people must be good.

The two songs I'm currently obsessed with (nearly as much as I was in love with Howie Day's Collide) are:

Crooked Teeth

(I'm a war of head versus heart,
And it's always this way.
My head is weak, my heart always speaks,
Before I know what it will say.

And you can't find nothing at all,
If there was nothing there all along.
No, you can't find nothing at all,
If there was nothing there all along.)


I like to sing that last part at work when I'm looking at evidence to find things. Yes, I know I'm a complete dork.


Song 2:
I Will Follow You Into the Dark

(If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark)

It's such a depressing song, but every time I hear it, it really impresses me. It's so unbelievably pretty.

I also like The Fray right now. And KT Tunstall's song Black Horse and the Cherry Tree. Also, Panic! At the Disco has a catchy tune (I Write Sins Not Tragedies) that reminds me of Gibberish by Spock's Beard. And I like Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. By the way... What has happened to titling songs recently? They're never what you expect them to be! All I have to say is thank goodness for Google or I'd never find anything.

I have no idea how new these songs are. I have a feeling that Kansas City might be a bit slow on getting new music, although not as slow as the two year radio gap that happens in Pennsylvania.

But, should you not know any of these songs, I suggest getting them. That is, unless you have a totally different taste in music - in which case, disregard this whole post. (Except for that old Spock's Beard song. No one knows them, but that song is the coolest thing, ever. No, really... ever.)

End Blog.

No comments: