Monday, August 07, 2006

My EW Rant

Awesome. My Entertainment Weekly arrived an entire week late. And, on top of that, the newst one still hasn't come by mail. I still don't know what the new releases are this week, but I now have a good idea of what I missed last week. It's actually quite sad how much of my life revolves around the cinema anymore. (I thought I might sound a little bit less sad if I used the word cinema. I think that completely backfired, don't you?)

Yes, my life's so uneventful that I actually care about this. You know, I have no idea "What to Watch" on TV. Not that I've been watching much TV anyway. (We're not counting the 8 hours of Gilmore Girls yesterday. But seriously, without guidance I will somehow find the only marathon on air.)

I also like to know the new DVD releases so that I can update my Blockbuster queue. (Lisa Kudrow's critically acclaimed HBO show The Comeback is finally out. I'll let you know if it's worth it.)

I will say that was one good thing about my mail carrier in DC. I dunno why the mail system worked so much better there, but every single Friday, without fail, my EW was in my mailbox. Friday. The day when you want it most. And sadly, at that point in my life, I didn't even have the money to go to the movies... and forget about a drink or twizzlers.

Stupid EW.

End Blog.

PS - I wanna see World Trade Center (because of Maggie Gyllenhaal and Maria Bello (did you know she was from Norristown, PA?)) which is releasing on Wednesday. Who wantsta go with me? C'mon! You know you want to...

No comments: