Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Real and Fantasy Football

I love Carolyn's new job. She just got free tickets to the pre-season Chiefs v. Rams game! It's tomorrow night and she's taking me with her because she's super nice like that. So, that's special for me - I get to see the Rams (Dad's favorite team) and the Raiders (Mom's favorite team) this year. Too bad the Chiefs don't play my favorite team, the Giants.

I like going to football games way more than baseball games, but don't usually go to that many since they're so much more expensive than popping in to see the Royals play. So, this is really awesome.

While we're on the subject of sports, I came in 2nd in my division in fantasy baseball, and fourth in overall points.

Meanwhile, I've just joined a fantasy football league. We had our draft on Saturday and here is my roster:

QB Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
QB David Garrad, Jacksonville Jaguars

WR Plaxico Burress, New York Giants
WR Larry Fitzgereld, Arizona Cardinals
WR Donald Driver, Green Bay Packers
WR Darrell Jackson, Denver Broncos
WR Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers

RB Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants
RB Clinton Portis, Washington Redskins
RB Willis McGahee, Baltimore Ravens

TE Alge Crumpler, Tennessee Titans
TE Owen Daniels, Houston Texans

Defense Minnesota Vikings
Defense Seattle Seahawks

K Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots

I ended up with one more wide reciever than I wanted. I was trying to keep the running backs and wide receivers in equal numbers, but setting stuff up for an auto draft is kinda hard. I didn't want any Dallas or New England players, simply because I hate both of those teams, but I did end up with the Patriots kicker. I suppose that's not so bad.

I'm pretty happy with my team, for all that I know about football. So, this should be fun. It's my first year. Considering I did relatively well in fantasy baseball even though I'd never done it before, I have high hopes. However, I am in a league where everyone has played before.

It's okay though. Since I know that all of football is based on how awesome your mascot is, I've decided to name my team the Fire Dragons. I'm sure I'll do well based on that fact alone.


End Blog.

No comments: