Monday, August 18, 2008

Fact: Everything You'll Ever Need is Already in Your Basement

Good thing I have a basement.

Sadly, my "fix" for my toilet did not last all that long. This really isn't all that surprising. I was hopeful, but didn't expect much. Although, the last flood did catch me off guard... again. But, as it turns out, I am a genius for the way I finally came about the part to fix it properly.

The toilet overflowed late at night. Late enough for all the hardware stores to be closed. I was angry. Mostly because I didn't want to buy the whole replacement part, but also in conjunction with the fact that my solution to the problem didn't work. The best part about this story is that the parts I "fixed" the toilet with went missing. I think they may have somehow gotten flushed down the toilet, or were stolen by toilet gnomes.

So, I'm sitting on my couch, being angry, when I have an epiphany and realize that I really am a super genius. You see, I have a toilet in my basement that is fully functional, but is never used because it's in an unfinished basement... and, who would want to go down there and drop their drawers? (I have used it twice before in dire circumstances. Don't judge me.)

Therefore, said toilet was eligible to become a spare parts superstore that late at night. And, as luck would have it, basement toilet and bathroom toilet are the same kind. They share the same types of parts! I have a basement full of replacement parts!

So, I pilfered the thing I needed and my toilet has been fixed ever since. If only I had thought of that in the first place! It would have been free.

So, anyway, on the off chance that you were entertaining the notion of using my basement bathroom... good luck.


End Blog.

No comments: