Thursday, August 07, 2008

Mini-Physical Time

It's that time of year again where I get the results from my mandatory blood chemistry screening. I still haven't contracted HIV or Hepatitis B or Tuberculosis. Yay!

My cholesterol is 185 (HDL is 69, LDL is 98, and triglycerides are 90). And those pesky chloride numbers are fine now. I tell you this because they were high last year, even though I have no idea what that means. So, I fixed it by gaining a bunch of weight because that's the only thing I've done recently to explain it. That and buy new pants, but I don't think pants have a bearing on chloride levels.

On a more interesting note, my carbon dioxide levels are low, confirming what I've thought ever since freshman biology class: I am a plant. (We were doing some study on respiration, and my carbon dioxide curve was almost backwards compared to the other students in class.) So, cool. I should spend some more time in the sun. Maybe I'll grow and distribute my weight more evenly...

My glucose was at 82, so that's the best news by far - I don't have diabetes... yet. Considering my family history, I feel like it's only a matter of time. Of course, with cholesterol at 185 while I'm only 27, I suppose that could be a ticking time bomb as well. It'd be neat if they actually had the doctor talk to you about your results so that you knew what it was all about.

Regardless, I don't think I'm going to die tomorrow.


End Blog.

No comments: