Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Marquez Case Closes

Back in May I wrote about a case I've been working about two teens who killed one of their moms. Both of the guys were to be tried separately and I testified in Eddie George's trial in May. This month I was supposed to testify in the second trial - that of Taylor Marquez. But, I didn't have to. He plead guilty. Turns out screaming, "Plea Guilty! Plea Guilty!" at the television when a news story comes on about a trial you have to testify at totally works.

Teen Charged In Mom's Slaying Pleads Guilty

He got life in prison with the possibility of parole in 25 years. His buddy wasn't so lucky. You may recall that he got life without the possibility of parole. It doesn't quite seem fair since Taylor was the mastermind behind the plot to kill his mother, but I suppose the lawyers know what they're doing. And the bonus was that I didn't have to go on the witness stand. And the even bigger bonus is that Taylor's stepfather didn't have to testify again, either.

So, my testimony count is still at three and right now I have no trials scheduled for the near future.


End Blog.

No comments: