Thursday, May 15, 2008

Conviction

We had a big meeting at work today about my testimony yesterday. Mostly a critique, what I could have done better, what we as a section need to do better, and overall preparation for court. But, I was told that I did a good job on the stand and was very professional. There were a few lessons learned, and I hate learning them under the gun, but overall I think we got the outcome everyone expected.

Jury Finds Teen Guilty Of Killing Friend's Mother
Teen Found Guilty In Grain Valley Slaying

Teen Convicted of Killing Best Friend's Mother

Someday I hope that testimony becomes second nature, but getting so few opportunities to actually do it, it's kinda hard to get experience. I suppose there really is no other way though.

Eddie George found guilty at age 18... will spend the rest of his life in jail without the possibility of parole. Kids, take note. Be kind to your parents. This didn't have to happen.


End Blog.

No comments: