Friday, March 31, 2006

Reading Rainbow

Update - Training advancement.
I'm moving on from blood to semen ID at work.

As I'm reading for research sake, I find an article from the late 1800s, describing the flavor of semen. It states, “According to certain authors, its flavor is peculiar, very bitter; according to others, simply a bit salty or flat. It is the last which appears to be true, but it’s possible there are variations.”

You’ll do anything in the name of science, Boys, won’t you?

I’m very happy that common practices in science did not persist over time. Thank god for lab hygiene, personal protective equipment, and practices to avoid disease and contamination. Thank you for not allowing me to taste biohazerdous material.


Also, your Daily Vocabulary, as I’m reading again. The joy.

Pederasty
- a man who has anal sex with a boy

Fecundating
- to fertilize something, or make somebody pregnant

Orchitis - inflammation of one or both testicles, usually caused by infection (can cause infertility)


I work at a job where we talk about semen and vaginal swabs on a daily basis. You'll get used to it.

End Blog.

No comments: