Tuesday, March 14, 2006

10,000

Henry just turned over 10,000 miles today on the way home from work. I made sure to watch it happen since it was such an important milestone in his life. What a good car.

I’ve had him since May of 2004. That’s 10,000 miles in 21-ish months. That averages out to not even 500 miles a month. I hope he was feeling underused because now that I’m in KC, I’ll be doing a lot more driving than I did in DC.

For me, this is a good thing. I get to spend more time with Henry and less time with Metro. Let's outline all the wonderfulness to this situation.
- I never have to wait for Henry.
- Henry's never crowded.
- I get to sit down when I take Henry to work.
- Henry takes me directly to my destination. Walking several blocks is no longer involved.
- I can sing loudly and Henry doesn't care.
- No one is making me pay to park Henry anywhere anymore.
- It takes me less than 25 minutes to get to work.
- I will no longer have to complain about Metro.

The one and only bad thing? I can't read the paper on the way to work anymore. It's okay though. Driving is more fun than reading and current events anyway.

I love you, Henry.

End Blog.

No comments: