Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Floorplan Spontaneously Changes: Concussion Ensues

Nikki, on her way out for the evening, turned off the overhead light in her bedroom and headed for the door. The apartment was dark, and having just looked up at the light as she pulled the brass cord, her eyes were far from adjusted to the conditions currently at hand. Fearless, having lived in her new apartment for several whole days now, she was confident she could maneuver out of the door and down the hall to the kitchen, where she planned on grabbing a Dr Pepper for the upcoming drive.

Stepping out of the room, she took a left, headed down the hallway, and

*BANG!*

Nose, chin, and left knee hit the door all at the same time. Tears sprung to her eyes as confusion set in and she pulled her glasses off of her face in stupefied puzzlement. What had just happened?

There was pain, that much was clear.

And… oh, yes… Realization washed over her. The hall closet. Quite forgot she had one of those right there.


Do you realize how hard you have to smoosh your nose in for your chin to also hit the door when you run into it? And how you must have been going fast enough to follow through with your knee? Can you imagine what that looked like?

I can.

Yes. I’m a dumbass. And I’m sharing it with you.

It's three hours later and I still have a splitting headache, even after medication. All from running into a door. I have no excuse. I’m a dumbass. And it’s not even a lame cover-up for being a battered woman. I’m just that stupid.

But at least I didn’t break my nose. There’s luck I'll accomplish that on another day.

End Blog.

No comments: