Friday, February 10, 2006

Star Studded Event

Whoa... what happened? All of a sudden there are celebrities all over the place. Susan Sarandon, Sophia Loren, Yoko Ono, Peter Gabriel. Isn't the Olympics about sports? I forget.

But let's just talk about the people on wires climbing about for a moment. I know they were supposed to look like snowflakes. My head understands that much. But, you know what? They were creepy. And they looked like spiders in complex webs. Being creepy.

Even when they made the dove at the end... it was creepy.

Creepy Spider people on wires. Obviously plotting against me. Damn those crackheads. They take my demands and make them into something from nightmares. Someone was on a bad trip. Maybe they also took some acid or something.

Meanwhile... wouldn't it be funny to see one of these last torch bearer people fall while they were running? I mean, horrible for them, but I'd laugh all the same. Probably the flame isn't supposed to fall on the ground either. I suppose it's a good thing no one fell.

Anyway, I think the lighting of the torch was worth the wait. Sure, it was really fast, but it was fancy and flashy. I like things that sparkle. *places stamp of approval on the lighting* Good job.

Plus, the fireworks were cool. The spiral around the stadium? Totally looked like a slinky in the air. Now that's something I can get behind... a slinky event.

Think if you lick a slinky in the snow your tongue would stick?

Okay... with that thought, I'm going to bed. But I'd like to state for the record that the creepy spider snowflake people will most likely haunt me in my dreams for the next lifetime. Not even slinky fireworks can erase that image.

End Blog.

No comments: