Sunday, March 30, 2008

Laundry Fiasco

This morning I put a load of laundry in the wash, thinking that I'd dry it after I got home from the day's activities. So, when I came home tonight (around 8:30pm), I went downstairs to switch my clothes to the dryer. When I opened the garage door to the basement, I heard running water, and immediately, I knew, this was not a good sign.

Apparently, the water drainage hose for my washing machine had somehow come undone... and so the washer never knew that it was full to continue on with the cycle... which means that my washer was running ALL DAY. I think I probably turned it on somewhere around 11am. So it was like having a hose running in my basement for ... oh ... nine and a half hours.

Arg!

The good news is that the drain in my basement works marvelously now. No flooding or crazy water build up. It came out of the back of the washer and went right down the drain. The bad news is that I don't want to see my water bill. Ever. Oh, and my laundry never went through the cycle, so it's not clean. I suppose. Do you think running water over your clothes for 9 hours makes them clean? I dunno either. I hooked the hose back up, threw in some more soap, and am now letting it cycle through the wash.

Hopefully all works out properly.

Man, that's a lot of wasted water. But at least my basement isn't flooded.

That was not really a cool thing to come home to. And people wonder why I hate laundry so much. I vote to never have to do it again.


Karen: [in a laundromat] What is this place? It's pretty.
[starts to tap on a washing machine]
Karen: Where are all the fishes?
Grace: No, Karen, this is a laundromat. Normal people wash their clothes and wear them again.
Karen: Well, poor people are just plain clever!


End Blog.

No comments: