Thursday, March 27, 2008

You Have Lettuce in Your Hair

I grab fast food for lunch all the time. (Which probably has a lot to do with the additional 15 pounds I've put on since moving to Kansas City.) It's just too hard to cook something at home and then put it in little containers to heat it up at work. (And I'm lazy.) I'd rather spend 5 or 6 bucks a day for the convenience of fast food. However, we don't have a wide variety of fast food selections near my workplace. Yesterday I settled on going to Taco Bell because it's cheap, I hardly ever eat there, and I was looking for something different.

Usually my standby is a turkey sub from Mr. Goodcents (with provolone, lettuce, onions, black olives, banana peppers, and mayo). But yesterday, I thought... why not? And I had the number 5 combo from Taco Bell. (Don't worry, I felt pretty horrible last night. I probably won't be eating there again until I forget that I didn't feel well.)

Anyway, the point is, when I was done eating and about to throw my trash away, I noticed that I had lettuce in my hair. Cue the laughter that only I understood. This will explain it all:



I'm sure that a reason why I love this show so much is that a small portion (or maybe more) of me is just like Liz Lemon. Did you notice she was eating a turkey sub?

Once again, I praise this show, its writing and continuity, and Miss Tina Fey's portrayal of the woman who acts exactly how I feel sometimes. This comes from episode 01x06: Jack Meets Dennis.

I'm happy that 30 Rock is coming back in April because the last episode that aired (02x10: Coffee and TV) was probably my favorite so far. Liz sets out to purchase a condo, which I totally understand from my house hunting days. And on top of that, there's a musical feature with "Midnight Train to Georgia". So, you should check it out at nbc.com, or by clicking here.

Liz: "Look at those floors. I would walk all around inside of that."

I also like to sing show tunes really loudly.


End Blog.

1 comment:

Bootleg Girl said...

Tina Fey is my absolute hero (second only to FBI Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully). Anytime anyone asks me about my career goals, I just say "I want to be Tina Fey." It's true. I want to be Tina Fey. Why can't I be Tina Fey? Why can't God have made me Tina Fey? (catch the Broken Hearts Club reference there?)