Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lock Down

Today I purchased renter's insurance and got a dead bolt installed on my back door. The place is far from fortified, but things are better than they were. My saftey latch thing has been replaced and I have all new locks. My stalker is going to have to break a whole lot more than a little piece of metal next time.

You know, like glass. But, I feel there's nothing I can really do about that.

I've made a friend in the Shoal Creek patrol. He was at my apartment last night taking my information for a police report and dusting for prints. You know, that's one thing I've always appreciated. Really. I mean, fingerprint powder is some messy stuff. I've always been happy I wasn't printing my own things and didn't have to clean up afterwards. Sadly, I didn't have that luxury last night. I need to get out my vacuum, but even then, I don't know that it'll pick up all the extra powder settling into my carpet. And sure, soap and water does the job, but man, is it messy.

Right now, my new watchdog, Thor, is resting comfortably in the living room in all his "King of the Castle" glory. He thinks he's the boss of me. It's very likely true.

End Blog.

No comments: