Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Rubik's

A few weeks ago I went to the dentist (no cavities!) and while I was in the waiting room, I picked up a Rubik's Cube. I'd never bothered to learn how to solve those things when I was little, but as I was sitting there trying to figure it out, I thought, "It'd be really neat if I could solve this while I was waiting. That would make me really cool." Okay, at least I thought it would be cool. It would be cool to me if I saw someone else do it.

So, the next time I found myself in Wal-Mart (yay!), I bought one. And now I am cool. (Relatively speaking.)

Just in case you don't believe me...
Scrambled:

Solved the top green side and the first layer.

Solved the second layer.

Solved the cross/middle of the bottom side.

Moved the corners to their appropriate places, but not in the correct orientation.

Two corners in the correct location - this is the hardest part because it looks like you're messing up the rest of the cube while you're doing it!

Finished.

And the other side, too.

I figured if I didn't show the progress someone would say that I just took it out of the package and snapped a picture. The bright colors in these photographs make me happy.

Yay me! Now I just have to remember this long enough to impress people in tooth pain. I rock so hard.


End Blog.

No comments: