Sunday, June 08, 2008

Lightning and Fire!

This happened last week, but I didn't get around to blogging about it because I'm lazy. I'm not sure if it made national news or not, but it was the only thing that was on tv here on Tuesday night. I know, because I was looking for election coverage and couldn't find it.

Lightning hit this giant petroleum tank and it caught on fire. Which is totally cool - even Mother Nature is against us using gas and hell bent on increasing prices.

Here's a summary story online: Lightning Strike Causes Petroleum Fire in Kansas City

Then, on Wednesday morning on my way to work, this is what I saw, since the firefighters could only let the tank burn out and there was a bunch of smoke. Take that, Mother Nature!






Traffic sucked that morning, and pretty much every other morning this past week. I think that my honeymoon is over. People found out that it wasn't that bad with all the construction going on, and they came back... and ruined everything.

Oh well. Maybe I'll have to start waking up earlier again... or continuing being a few minutes late for work.


End Blog.

No comments: