Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Itchy and Remy

Remy's been waking me up at 3am for the past two nights. Last night I think I finally nailed down why - she's itchy. She's got some red spots on her that look like she's been scratching at herself, but I'm not sure what was wrong with her - if she had a few fleas, if she was allergic to something, if she got stung by that damn yellowjacket... So, today after work, I took her to the doctor.

I basically told the doc the same thing, and she also wasn't sure what was making her itch, so she gave me some doggie antihistamines and an antibiotic for some of her scratched raw wounds. So now the Rem Dog has to take pills twice a day. She's really pleased about it because they're inside cheese.

I also got some Frontline and put that on her, just in case there were fleas somewhere. I hate that stuff though because it makes her fur all greasy, but if it makes her feel better and lets me sleep through the night, I guess it's worth it.

Remy still hasn't gotten a job though and just cost me 109 bucks.

She seems like she's feeling better, so I'm not really complaining. And besides, she's a super famous star now because they put up her "Remy dressing in Royals gear" picture on the jumbo screen at the Royals stadium. Therefore, I think I have to be at her beck and call from now on. You know, I haven't even gotten onto that thing yet!

Check her out - she's near the end. http://www.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200809163487456

Here's to recovery... for both of us.


End Blog.

No comments: