Friday, May 19, 2006

What's Your Sleep Number?

3 boxes weighing 47, 47 and 48 pounds

Containing:

4 frame beams
4 support beams
6 feet
12 washers
12 wing nuts
4 platforms
1 thingamabob
1 mattress base
4 support corners
4 foam boarders
2 air chambers
2 hoses
1 air pump
1 foam divider
1 zip on top of the mattress
2 sets of bad directions
0 extra parts

Plus:

1 bed skirt
1 mattress pad
1 fitted sheet
1 blanket
1 duvet cover
1 down comforter
4 pillows

Also featuring:

1 Wendy's double cheeseburger
2 Dr Peppers

And…

3 and a half hours later…

I have a fully assembled select comfort 3000 plush series queen sized bed. It's huuuuuuuge. I'm slightly frightened of it. I'm thinking of turning it into a jungle gym or something. It's this vast sea of blue fabric looming in the corner of my room. And it's tall. Who knew that 22 extra inches would feel like so much more bed? Not me.

But, I'm headed off to sleep. And regardless of the quality of this bed, I'm going to sleep well. Because it kicked my ass putting it together. I'm exhausted. And with luck, I shall wake up and not hurt at all.

May it be all I was hoping for and more.

End Blog.

PS - My Sleep Number is 20.

No comments: