Wednesday, May 17, 2006

ET Phone Home

Damn! My missions were thwarted by a friendly customer service rep!

I received a bill in the mail recently for my cancelled phone line back in DC. This made me angry. So, I called the 24 hour line at Verizon, only to be told that the 24 hour line was working on regular business hours, 8-5 EST.

When I finally got to talk to someone at Verizon two days later, I was going to discuss the 24 hour line with them. I needed answers. Why were they calling it a 24 hour line? Why not just call it the "10 Hour Line" or the "Number of Disappointment" or something else as fitting? I mean, after giving you their business hours, it actually hangs up on you. Not cool, Verizon.

So, I finally called this morning and actually got a person. He pulled up my account.

The account balance was zero.

Apparently, it's the mail's fault I'm getting bills. Well, okay, maybe not, I mean, Verizon did have my new address, they just didn't feel the need to use it and the mail service took a really long time to get it to me after rerouting it. But… considering I found out that I no longer owed anyone money… I kinda forgot to ask about the 24 hour line.

So, again, I am disappointed by it.

But, as it turns out, I can't hate Verizon. They have been a pretty good company to me. Although, the customer service at their wireless service rocks way more. Maybe they really never stop working for me.

Someday soon I'll find a deserving place to channel my hidden rage.

End Blog.

No comments: