Sunday, May 21, 2006

Personified Magical Jewelry

I have three rings that I wear every day. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm a creature of habit. But when I don't wear them, it feels very odd. I have lost the ring I wear on my right pinky on several occasions, but somehow I've always managed to find it. It's been lost in the house in PA for like a year and reappeared out of nowhere. That one is still unexplainable. I've lost it in my bed sheets for a while. It's been lost in Target for about a week until I found it on the top shelf of Ziplock storage containers. And Janelle's mom has pointed it out to me on the floor of Kim's house once. It's been my magical ring that's always somehow found its way back to me. Maybe because it was like ten bucks and was supposed to be for a toe… and it was so grateful that I saved it from that horrible life. I'd be loyal after that too.

Recently, maybe three weeks ago, I lost the ring I consistently wore on my left hand. This is a completely different ring than what I wrote about above. It's expensive and was a gift from my parents. So, I figured when I lost it, it was gone forever. I made my peace with it and let it go.

Today, I found it in the washing machine. I halfheartedly looked in there when I realized it was gone, but figured that I had lost it earlier in the day and didn't try all that hard in that location. But again, a lost ring has found its way back to me. This one appears loyal too. I think it's because the stone in the middle somehow got cracked and it's no longer as beautiful as when it was purchased. But I still like it and no one really looks at rings that close anyway. So I've kept it and worn it everyday instead of putting it in a drawer and out of sight.

Logically I know that rings do not have personalities. In fact, I'm sure yours do not.

But mine love me.

Lots.

End Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you found it.