Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Miracle

I really don't know why it took me so long to see this movie. I mean, it has all the makings of something I'd want to see…

1. Sports movie. Woo!
2. Wait, no, better yet, hockey sports movie.
3. Do you even know how many times I've seen The Mighty Ducks?
4. I'm not joking. I love that movie.

Okay, fine, I'll tell you what you really want to know since I'm sure that you've been taking bets on it.

I cried on six different occasions during the course of this story. Six [6]! And I can't even tell you how many times I got all goosebumpily. (No, I made it up, but doesn't it sound cool?) Really, any sports movie will do it for me. Or you could blow somewhere in the vicinity of my neck or ear. Or, touch my neck for that matter. Oh, or play Melissa Etheridge's song I Run for Life. But, I digress.

The movie was well done. And I wasn't alive when the games were played in Lake Placid, but I felt like I could have been there. Not only was the hockey amazing, the accents were so wonderful, and they did their job with setting the political climate of the time. You were put into that little piece of history. Fabulous.

Superb movie.

Again, I'll say, I should have seen it much sooner.

I'm making a backup copy as I write this. Just in case. You know, should Blockbuster lose all of theirs, I can save the day.

End Blog.

No comments: