Sunday, November 09, 2008

Rest in Peace, Pap

George A Bareika
Born in Frackville, PA on Nov. 3, 1925
Departed on Nov. 7, 2008 and resided in Hondo, TX.

George A. Bareika formerly of Frackville, PA of Hondo, TX went to be with the Lord on Friday, November 7, 2008, at the age of 83 years.

George was born on November 3, 1925, in Frackville, PA, the son of Anthony & Sophia (Digruis) Bareika.

He was a member of St. Ann's Catholic Church, Frackville Area Senior Citizens, Knights of Columbus, Fr. James A. Hogan Council # 2580, all of Frackville and Schuylkill Assembly, Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus # 0923.

George was a veteran of WW II having served in the US Navy.

He is preceded in death by his parents; wife, Helene (Walukiewicz) Bareika; sisters, Helen Bareika, Florence Bareika, Stella Ryder; brothers, Albert Bareika, John Bareika.

George is survived by his daughters, Dolores Rickert and husband Bruce of Hondo, Elaine Blackwell and husband Raymond of Longview, Christine Barge and husband Ed of Fairborn, OH; granddaughter, Bethany Blackwell, Nicole Blackwell; sister, Anna Brennan of Frackville, PA; brother, Leonard Bareika of Ocala, FL.

Funeral services will be private. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery #2, Hamburg, PA on Thursday at 10 a.m.

www.thomasmsullivanfuneralhome.com

I didn't know my grandfather as well as I should have and I suppose that will always be something that I regret, to a degree. His body is being shipped back to Pennsylvania to be buried with his wife, and though there will be no formal services, I feel the least I can do is try to get there for it. I'd really like to say goodbye, and be there for my mom, if nothing else. Flights are surprisingly a lot cheaper than I thought they would be. We'll see how it goes - I need to talk to my boss and reschedule some things at work tomorrow, if possible.


End Blog.

1 comment:

Sean said...

My condolences, Nik :(