Monday, November 10, 2008

Flesh Eating Face Bacteria

I have decided that I am five years old, and I'll tell you why.

I had what I thought was a pimple under my left nostril sometime around Monday night or Tuesday morning. And, being me, I couldn't leave it alone. So, I somehow got it infected. The sore got bigger and even with an over the counter antibacterial ointment, I couldn't seem to get better. On Saturday morning, I woke up to gross clear-yellow crustiness, so I figured it best to go see someone about it. I went to the Minute Clinic at CVS because I knew I'd be able to see them on a Saturday morning. The nurse practitioner there told me that I had impetigo.

Awesome. Impetigo. In case you don't know what that is, because I didn't until Saturday, it's a Staph infection that little children between 2 and 6 usually get. I suppose we all know that I am a child, but I didn't need this sort of confirmation of the fact. Someone could have just bought me a box of Legos and it would have proven the same point. (In other news, I bought myself Lego Batman for PS2 to make me feel better.)

I can't tell you how sick I am of not being well. I thought I had beaten the whole back pain thing, and now I have to deal with a super awesome infection to boot. Apparently it's highly contagious, which must be true because I spread it from the spot under my nose to my forehead before I got medications. Hooray!

Speaking of medications, I'm on a oral antibiotic three times a day for ten days, and I have an antibiotic ointment that I am also supposed to use three times a day. I'm hoping it all clears up really soon.

By the way, not only does this infection make me five years old, but it also makes me a rockstar because if you google image search impetigo (which is not recommended because it's way grosser than what I actually have on my face) you come back with a bunch of pictures of Amy Winehouse.

So... like... don't let your opinion of me match your opinion of Amy Winehouse. I'd rather you think of me as five years old and buy me a big box of Legos for Christmas.


End Blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope it's an antibiotic that covers MRSA (methicilin resistant staph). It's a whole dimension worse than basic impetigo. They should culture it. Septra DS has been working well to kill it where I practice. Good luck!