Thursday, May 29, 2008

Race Loser

I haven't mowed my lawn in two weeks, so I knew going in it was going to take me well over 47 minutes to mow the darn thing. More like two and a half hours... complete with screaming at the mower, two phone calls (one interruption and one simply to rant and complain... or whine would probably be the better description), and many a stall when I had to pull clumps of grass out of the blades.

Two and a half hours. But my lawn is short again and I don't look trashy compared to the neighbors. In fact, one of my neighbors has only cut his grass once all year. My house looks so awesome next to his, even with my lack of landscaping. Someday I'd really like to have a landscaped area around my house... but I'm sure that requires a lot of money I don't have right now, and a lot of hard work outside.

The high today was 85 degrees. I'm sure it wasn't quite that hot when I was actually mowing, but it was sure humid and I was really sweaty and disgusting when I was done. And since I was mowing for eons, I have fun blisters on the inside of my thumbs from holding the bar handle thingies down in conjunction with the vibration of the motor.

So... in order to beat the 47 minute mowing record, I must not wait so long between cuttings. One week, max. Too bad there's not someone here to hold me to that rule...


End Blog.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Am I gonna have to come over there and beat you into submission to mow your lawn?