Monday, April 14, 2008

Bringing Home the Bacon

Okay, so I guess I had always known that if people really wanted to see my salary it would be possible to find. I work for the city, so I'm sure there's a public record of it... somewhere. Well, The Kansas City Star has conveniently posted them online, for anyone to search. So awesome.

So, if you know my last name or job title, and are curious to know how much money I'm raking in, you can check it out. (Even though it's not entirely accurate. I know how much money I make. I'll just let you know that it's more than what they're listing. I think they might have records from last year.)

Kansas City Police Department salary database

You might get conned into registering with a username and password and junk, but then again, you might not. I've seen it work both ways.

And if you happen to know someone in Johnson County, or you want to see the huge salary differences between Kansas City and Johnson County, that might be good for a laugh... Actually, I'll save you the effort, people there part-time are making approximately the same amount as I am. Those that are full time are around $18,000 more - and I'm picking people with the same-ish number of years experience.

But they don't get triple homicides to work, like we do.


End Blog.

If you'd like to see other people's salaries, here's a fun list:
Missouri universities salary database
State of Missouri government salary database
Kansas City salary database
Johnson County salary database

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KC STAR REMOVED THE ARTICLE FROM THEIR WEB SITE!!

Nikki said...

Interesting. I suppose that's good news for me.