Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wicked Awesome!

So, I've decided to take advantage of the fact that the KCPD is sending me to Chicago for a week and I bought a ticket to go see Wicked at The Ford Center Oriental Theater. I'm psyched. Not only to see the play but because I was actually proactive in (a) spending money on something I want and (b) doing something in a strange city on my own and not staying in the hotel room alone. And... it's Wicked! Very cool. Can't wait.

I think I've pretty much learned the basics of the polarized light microscope the past two days at work. I feel that my boss has prepared me well and that the class isn't going to be nearly as intimidating as I initially thought. (Really, you should see how many gadgets this one microscope has.)


I'm ready to go enjoy a new city - because we all know that Nikki enjoys visiting cities and living well outside of them. It should be a good trip. Plus, I've never been to Chicago, so I've got some sightseeing to do. You know, like Millennium Park, Navy Pier, the Hancock Building... stuff like that. (You know, there are things in DC I never got around to doing. But mostly, I really wish I had gotten to the Holocaust Museum before I left.)

I'm also hoping that there's someone friendly and like-minded in the class that I can hang out with since I have three other nights to fill. (With said things above.)

And I get to write off things (well, mostly food) on an expense report! I'm still kinda shocked at having a real job that is providing me with this opportunity. *Hugs the KCPCL*

I heart my job.

End Blog.

No comments: