Thursday, November 29, 2007

Exercise Nazi

Tonight, I went to the gym. Hopefully this will become a normal reoccurring event for me as I am wickedly out of shape.

It's a pretty sweet deal. Working at the crime lab, we somehow managed to get a free membership to the gym attached to the hospital across the street. That's right, free. But here's the best part - work has not only approved but is actually endorsing us to work out during the work day, or leaving slightly early from work just to work out. With no penalty. Basically the deal is, we get paid to work out. And we have a facility to work out in for free.

So, given these two facts, I figured it was high time to get my butt in gear and start working out.

I went to the gym with a couple coworkers. (I stayed at work until the usual quitting time. It might take a little while for me to actually take off early from work to go to the gym. It just feels wrong somehow.) It's great working with them because if I were there by myself I wouldn't push myself as hard, and I also would not know as many different exercises to do.

That being said... I am home now. And already sore. There's some muscle in my hip I never knew existed that is currently painful. And my stomach muscles are going to be angry tomorrow, I can tell.

So, I'm now in league with an Exercise Nazi. I'm not sure I know what I've really gotten myself into, but I'm glad that I have her as my personal trainer of sorts. Maybe I'll lose the 10-15 pounds I put on since I left DC.

Heil, mein Führer!


End Blog.
(PS - Exercise Nazi, I know you've read this blog before. So, if you happen to see this... I love you. Don't stop kicking my ass.)

No comments: