Thursday, December 06, 2007

Technically, It's Not Even Winter Yet

Jack Frosty the Snowman stopped by my house today. He also got me out of work an hour earlier than I'm used to, but that entire time was spent in the car doing 12 miles an hour trying to get home. But, for now it looks pretty. And it appears that the insulation in my house is doing its job.

Today that song is totally right. It IS beginning to look a lot like Christmas.





But you know the best part about my job and it snowing (apart from finding the footprints of doom more easily and getting to leave early)? I have an ASCLD calibrated ruler to measure the snowfall amounts! And since I also recognize that my love for the metric system is not shared by the rest of America, you even get to see the snowfall total in inches. I know, I'm too kind.




Remy was surprised to see me home so early. She came to the door slowly with a sleepy face and said, "What time is it? What's going on?" But once she got outside, she couldn't have been happier. I, however, asked her why she didn't shovel the driveway. Her smart reply? "You don't have a shovel, and even if you did, I'm not shoveling a gravel driveway." I guess I can't blame her. I'm not going to do anything about it, either. Let's just hope I make it out of my driveway in the morning.


So, I let Remy out and she ate some snow, and played some ball, and then proceeded to smell the entire yard. Because, I guess snow makes everything smell different. No, I mean the entire yard.

Now we're warm inside and I'm gonna go figure out what kind of alcohol goes best in eggnog.


End Blog.

No comments: