Thursday, February 01, 2007

IQ

I took an online IQ test tonight and scored a 138.

There was lots of other information they gave me about myself, but mostly it confirmed one of my major theories in life. 90% of the world is dumber than I am.

"For each scale, we determined how many people received scores above and below yours. Your "percentile" represents what percentage of people scored lower than you. In other words, 90th percentile means you scored higher than 80 to 90% of people did.

How are the percentiles determined? These percentiles were determined based on the one million users who have already taken our test. We then adjusted these percentiles based on a nationally representative IQ distribution to make sure that no level of intelligence was over- or underrepresented in the analysis. Thus, the percentiles we present reflect your score compared with people in the United States in general."

That's right folks. I be S-M-R-T.

I got three questions wrong. Two of them were totally legit. One I didn't know how to do the math, one I decided I didn't want to try to do the math in my head and guessed, and the third I was just really stupid on.

The question asked which didn't belong and pictured graphically a square, a circle, a tall rectangle, a long rectangle, and an octagon. The correct answer is obviously a circle because it doesn't have corners/sides. However, I picked the octagon because the other four were common geometric shapes and I deemed the octogon less common. Plus, it had a bajillion sides and looked wrong, like it didn't belong. Whoops.

So, at least we know I'm a natural blonde. =)

Still though, the world would be better with more smart people in it, though I fear if that happened, I'd be out of a job. Just like Leno, I gotta love the stupid criminal.


End Blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm circles don't have sides? Funny I'm pretty sure that a certain Kristen and I got that one right.... So you may technically have a higher IQ than us but at least we got that one right :-P

And just remember: your IQ is nice but mine is spiffy!

Nikki said...

I scored 11 points higher than you, smartass. You better watch it. I can kill a person and get away with it.