Friday, January 28, 2005

02.14.2005

I’m bored. There are many things I could be doing, yet, I’m not. I just got a shitload of Buffy and Angel to watch from Timm. Yet, here I am, all not watching it. I have schoolwork I could do. Yes, class… the semester has commenced once again. I could do laundry, the bane of my existence. (Well, if I had quarters.) I could… I dunno, I’m sure there’s something I could do. That’s my point. There’s no need to be bored. So, here I am writing again. I feel like I’ve been neglecting Blog. Mostly because Blog was all like, “Hey, remember me? Jerk, I hate you!” So, I’m like, “Okay, okay, Blog… but I don’t have anything fun to tell you!”

Oh, Wait…

That’s kind of a lie. I have awesome plans for Valentine’s day. Which I totally ignore every other year. The only cool thing about V-Day is that it’s the two week reminder for everyone I know that my birthday is in exactly two weeks… which I never fail to point out. Making a big deal about my birthday is way cool. Pretty much any attention directed towards me is way cool. I’m not ashamed to admit it. I’m starved for attention. And yes, shut up, I know it’s my own fault. Don’t even go there.

But Valentiney’s day… I’ll get back to that. How did I spend it last year? I don’t remember. How did I spend it the year before? Oh… I don’t remember. We could do this for the other twenty Valentine’s Days I’ve had throughout the rest of my life, but the answer will always be the same.

I’m not really bitter. And blah, blah, made up greeting card holiday… blah blah blah. You’ve heard it all before. Whatever. I’ve never spent a cutsie or romantic made up holiday (or not) with anyone. I haven’t done the dinner and flowers and candy and chocolate thing. Ever.

Me, not bitter. No. Because this year is so going to make up for all of it. This year will be the crowning achievement to all Valentine’s Days ever, across the world, until the end of eternity.

This February 14th is going to be a day to remember. And when I tell you what we're doing, man are you going to be so jealous of me. At this point you think I’m being sarcastic. Oh, I’ve built it up too much.

This is not sarcasm. This is really what I’m doing on February fourteenth.

I am taking a class field trip (yes, field trips in grad school) to the Virginia State Medical Examiner’s Office. We’re going to observe an autopsy.

And I get to see a freakin’ heart on Valentine’s day.

Take that, Valentine’s day. Take that.

I finally win.

Valentine’s day is going to rock.



I know, morbid. I love my humor.


End Blog.

No comments: