Thursday, February 18, 2010

Women's Downhill 2010

Remember Lindsey Kildow from the 2006 Winter Olympics? Of course you don't. You haven't heard anything about her since then, even though she's competing inat least three events this year. So, let's move on. We don't need to think about Lindsey Kildow anymore. We don't have to remember the poor girl who crashed during the Women's Downhill and how I blogged all about it back then.

Instead, let's focus on this completely new girl, Lindsey Vonn, who dominated the downhill event in 2010.

What's that you say? They are the SAME WOMAN?

That's right, Lindsey went and got married and confused the heck out of me. And although she was still kinda hurt and still got a billion hours of screen time during the Olympics, she was like a new woman in her athletic performance.

Sadly, she fell during the super combined on the slaloms. It wasn't as spectacular as Kildow's crash in 2006, but Vonn did fall this year in a different event.

AFTER she won gold in the event she crashed in as Kildow in 2006.

Don't you love how I'm making it like sound she was put into the witness protection program for four years, just to come back under a new identity? In my mind, it's the only way to reconcile the new name. It confused me. A lot. And no one bothered to explain her marriage. Jerky commentators.

I blame Bob Costas.

Anyway, I still really like Lindsey Kildow and I'm still rooting for her for her last event. Lindsey Vonn who?


End Blog.

No comments: