Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Horse With No Name

As I mentioned recently, I am trying to teach myself how to play the guitar. I have a feeling that it will be slow going for a while. I am trying to learn some chords and learn how to transition smoothly between them, but I can tell it's going to take a long time with some of them, mostly because my hands are small.

(Fun side note: Someone keeps ordering extra small gloves at work every time they are supposed to be ordering small and medium gloves, which always seem to be in short supply. This apparently happens when I go on vacation and when I come back, I have a million gloves that no one else can use. Today I found out that I had even more gloves. All for me. Right now I have 3/4 of one of my bench cabinets filled with extra small gloves from top to bottom. So while other people don't have gloves, I could probably wipe my ass with them and make balloon puppets and wear them on my head and still have enough to do casework.)

Anyway, just learning chords is really boring. So, I thought that maybe I could find some simple songs and learn chords for the song and transition between them and actually make some sort of music as opposed to the randomness I was doing. That way, I'd feel like I accomplished something.

This is probably how you actually learn how to play the guitar. I'm a pretty fantastic teacher because I keep my student involved and motivated.

SO, the point of this post:

A Horse With No Name by America is the easiest song on the face of the planet. I can basically play it. Me. Play a song. On the guitar.

I rock.

Even though it only has two chords, I cannot seem to play the guitar and sing at the same time.

I've never been a very good multitasker.


End Blog.

1 comment:

Betty (Beth) said...

I love that song! I will sing for you!!