Monday, January 12, 2009

2009

Internets, you ask what I have been doing? You say that you miss me? You wonder how Remy's eaten face is doing? I have all these answers and more.

What have I been doing? I've decided that I'm going to not eat out as much as I have in the past in efforts to (1) save money, (2) eat better, (3) hope that a side effect will be that I might lose some pounds. Or ounces. Or grams. And not gain any more. Therefore, I've been doing a lot of cooking.

I also decided to buy myself an early birthday present, which is a Jasmine Takamine dreadnaught guitar. So, I've been "learning" how to play it... very slowly. Because I'm not that agile with the finger movements, have itty bitty tiny hands, and bought a somewhat inexpensive guitar, so that it's probably a wee bit harder to play since you have to push the strings down so hard. I'm trying to stick with it though, even though I've lost sensitivity on the tips of my fingers on my left hand. It feels like pins and needles all the time now! I'm kind of getting used to it and hopefully soon it won't bother me anymore or I'll build up good enough calluses that it won't matter. And will be easier to play.

I've also already taken down my Christmas lights and tree, unlike last year where it took until March to do so.

I also repotted Mr. Spidey. He's gotten a lot greener and looks pretty happy compared to his sicklyness as of late. So, that makes me happy.

I also recently saw An Inconvienient Truth and now believe in global warming... I just still haven't gotten around to getting that recycling bin...

I watched the Giants lose to the Eagles and screamed at the television a lot.

All the scabs seem to have come off of Remy's face so I no longer have a reason to use her new nickname (Scarface), but I still do anyway. She answers to anything, really. Her fur is all back in order and doesn't stick out in weird places anymore. All remnants of Quila's attack are gone. She's a pretty little girl once again and all her rough and tumble tomboy is gone.

Um... I think that I've probably done other stuff, too, but it was probably equally as boring as the things I actually deemed worthy of writing about, so I should probably stop now so that you don't fall asleep.

I'll try to be better about the blogging and not let it go two weeks between posts for the rest of 2009, but you can be assured that at some point I will break that promise.


End Blog.

No comments: