Friday, August 10, 2007

Temperature Extremes

Okay, so here's the deal: the outdoor temperature has felt like it's approximately 105 degrees Fahrenheit for the past several days, but the indoor temperature at the crime lab is currently 65 degrees Fahrenheit. That's a 40 degree temperature difference. Today, on casual Friday, I was wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and a sweatshirt all day. And I was slightly chilly. We're under an extended extreme heat warning and I'm shivering at work.

It's actually enjoyable to leave work and get into a 120 degree car just to warm up. Work is FREEZING. I'm sure the CSIs would kill me for complaining about it since they actually have to work in the heat... but man... I'm just about ready to switch places with them for a couple days.

So, if anyone ever asks me how the department could save money, I'd tell them that I would keep the lab 10 degrees warmer in the summer and save money on air conditioning.

40 degrees difference!!! That's completely insane.

End Blog.

No comments: