Saturday, August 25, 2007

Crime Scene Ride Along

These two stories come from the Kansas City Star and are related to what I was doing tonight at work:

Woman’s body found near Cliff Drive

Kansas City police are investigating the death of a woman whose body was spotted by a walker about 11:15 this morning near a wooded area at Cliff Drive and Lexington Avenue.

Police reported seeing obvious signs of foul play and have ruled the death a homicide. They did not release a cause of death.

Police identify body

Kansas City police have identified a woman whose body was found in a wooded area at Cliff Drive and Lexington Avenue as Denise A. Williams, 24, of Kansas City.

Police said there were definite signs of foul play and are investigating the case as a homicide, the department’s 65th of the year. Police did not release the cause of death but said the body had not been there long.

A walker spotted the body and called police.

Anyone with information about the case should call the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (474-8477).

Mike Rice | mrice@kcstar.com


I know what the foul play and cause of death were. =P I just spent 5 hours at the scene of the murder. The body in the park was obviously dumped there. Crime scene still has the car to process in the morning. I left as they were still packaging evidence this evening (morning?). And, I was on the lucky end of it. Other CSTs "got" to go dumpster diving tonight, and let me just tell you, they smelled like they most definitely had been.

I'm glad to be home, safe, and on my way to bed. I'm sorry that Denise Williams has made it to her final rest, but we're working on getting the suspect. I'm hopeful the 65th homicide of the year will be solved.


End Blog.

No comments: